ROVI reports operating revenue growth of 24% and EBITDA growth of 25%
• Operating revenue increased by 24% to 575.5 million euros driven by (i) the strength of the contract manufacturing organization (“CMO”) business, which grew by 49%, and (ii) the specialty pharmaceutical business, where sales rose 9%.
• Sales of the heparin franchise (Low Molecular Weight Heparins (LMWH) and other heparins) increased by 11% to 200.6 million euros. Sales of the enoxaparin biosimilar increased 33% to 119.2 million euros.
• EBITDA increased by 25% to 173.9 million euros.
• Net profit increased by 23% to 121.5 million euros.
• Launch of Okedi® (Risperidone ISM®) in Spain for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults (September 2022).
• On October 4th, 2022, ROVI presented Glycopepton Biotech, S.L., a joint venture with Càrniques Celrà, S.L. and Grupo Empresarial Costa, S.L., that involves the creation of one of the first national structures for self-sufficiency in heparins. The project involves the construction of a facility at the Industrial Logistics Platform of Fraga (Huesca), which will produce compounds of high biological value that derive from the intestinal mucosa of pigs.
• ROVI’s ESG aspects have been evaluated by Sustainalytics, having obtained an “ESG Risk Rating 2021” of 17.3, which places the company at low risk (between 10 and 20). ROVI has attained the first position out of 458 companies in the
• ROVI General Shareholders Meeting approved the payment of a gross dividend of 0.9556 euros per share on 2021 earnings (+151%). This dividend was paid on July, 7th.
In February 2022, ROVI announced it expected the operating revenue for the full year 2022 to increase between 15% and 20%. This guidance was confirmed when the Company released its first quarter and first half 2022 results. With the visibility that the Company has at this moment, ROVI expects to achieve the higher end of this range in 2022.
For 2023, ROVI expects its operating revenue to show low-double-digit negative growth on 2022, although a positive growth of between 5% and 10% is expected in comparison with the 2021 figure.
Notwithstanding, in 2023 ROVI will face a new COVID-19 post-pandemic scenario in which the uncertainty related to the evolution of the disease is very high. It is not, therefore, possible to make a precise assessment of the impact that this new scenario could have on its CMO business. Likewise, under the terms of the agreement
ROVI is a pan-European pharmaceutical company specializing and engaging in the research, development, contract manufacturing and marketing of small molecules and biological specialties. The company, in a continuous international expansion process, has subsidiaries in Portugal, Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, France and Poland and has a diversified marketing portfolio of more than 40 products, among which its flagship product, Bemiparin, already present in more than 70 countries all over the world, should be highlighted. Likewise, in 2017, ROVI commenced the marketing of its enoxaparin biosimilar, developed in-house, in Europe and it is already marketed in 38 countries. ROVI continues to develop the ISM® Platform technology, a leading-edge line of research in the field of prolonged drug release with proven advantages. For more information, please visit www.rovi.essigned with Moderna in February 2022, ROVI is still investing in increasing the compounding, aseptic filling, inspection, labelling and packaging capacities at its facilities and expects them to be fully installed at the end of 2024.